The promotion of early career researchers is a top priority at the participating universities. In recent years, structures for graduate education and promotion have been developed at the two participating locations, which the SFB/Transregio utilizes intensively. To this end, doctoral students at the TU Darmstadt are integrated into the Ingenium organization of the TU Darmstadt. At the Karlsruhe location, the offers of the QualityDoc@KIT concept and the Young Investigator Network (YIN) are used.
The aim is to introduce young scientists to independent and autonomous scientific work at an early stage. This is supported by the SFB/Transregio through the following subject-specific measures:
- Agreement on an individual study programme for doctoral students,
- Supervision agreement between doctoral candidates and the supervisor,
- Implementation of a newly established Near Wall Reactive Flows seminar in which doctoral students report once per semester on the progress of their work,
- Events organised by the doctoral students themselves,
- Guest researcher programme, which includes lectures with discussion up to longer research stays,
- Early integration into the scientific community through publications in peer-reviewed journals,
- Research stays at international partner institutions,
- Conference visits,
- Organization of international workshops and seminars,
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses,
- Further training in the field of soft skills.